Your photos deserve the Mountain Traveler treatment
Ever get the feeling that your photos deserve more than Facebook?
Ever think that your latest scenic shot of the North Georgia mountain shouldn’t be contained by a mere Instagram post?
We’ll wonder no more.
Because our regional magazine The Mountain Traveler is now accepting submissions for photography that could be featured on the cover of the fall 2018 edition.
This popular bi-annual publication is a full-color regional visitor and travel guide for Northeast Georgia. This upcoming edition will feature everything from an up-close look at the newly renovated Dahlonega Gold Museum to a historic walking tour through Toccoa to an expansive motorcycling map for the region.
And that’s just the start.
As a result, Regional Publisher Alan NeSmith is encouraging local photographers to submit their best fall-themed photographic representations of the region.
Subjects could include points of interest, natural features or scenic views. However, photographs including people enjoying the surroundings will be given additional consideration.
The big winner will net a $100 reward.
Here’s a few of the finer-points:
• Photographer must live in Dawson, Habersham, Hall, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union or White counties;
• Photograph must be taken in Dawson, Habersham, Hall, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union or White counties;
• Photographer can submit up to three images;
• Photographer should submit a vertical image;
• Photographs must be high resolution;
• Photographer should leave room at the top of the image for the magazine logo;
• Photography must not include a commercial entity;
• Submission of a photo gives Community Newspapers Inc. the right to publish the photo in The Mountain Traveler magazine;
• Each entry should include the photographer's name, where and when the photo was taken, and the names of any people in the photo, if possible.
Qualifying images should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call NeSmith at 706-778-4215.
Mountain Traveler publishes the week of Sept. 24 and will be distributed at visitor centers, chambers of commerce and retail outlets throughout the region during fall.
The big deadline for submission is 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5. So get to snapping and send your best photos our way.
Because social media is nice and all.
But our North Georgia scenery deserves something much better.